Skip to Content

Is our dish liquid suitable for sensitive skin?

If you have sensitive skin and are wondering whether you can wash your plates and cups without putting on rubber gloves or wash your hands with dish liquid after preparing a meal, there are a few things you should consider.

Understanding the Importance of pH in Dish Liquid

The term pH is a symbol that means “potential of hydrogen.” There are different pH levels, which help determine alkaline levels or acid in water-soluble liquids like dish liquid.

If you have sensitive skin, you’ll need the pH of the dish liquid to be skin neutral, or close to it. The pH of your skin is around 5.5, and it’s important to find a dish liquid close to this. Pril sensitive has a pH level of 5 to 6 and Pril’s core range has a pH level of 7 to 8. The higher the pH level, the more likely the dish liquid will disrupt your skin’s acid mantle, or the thin acidic film on your skin that blocks out bacteria and helps you retain natural oils. When the acid mantle is disrupted, several symptoms can occur:

  • Dry skin
  • Cracked skin
  • Dermatitis
  • Eczema
  • Rashes

Therefore, it is important to use a dish liquid with the right pH balance.

Using DishLiquid When you Have an Allergy or Pre-existing Condition

Scented and unscented dish liquids should not cause any irritations or allergies to your skin, when the package instructions are being followed correctly. However, if you have a pre-existing allergy, you may need to use a more sensitive product. Talk to your dermatologist about your detergent allergy before purchasing any type of dish liquid. He or she may be able to help you understand what dish liquid is best for your skin.

Best Washing up Liquid for Sensitive Skin

When it comes to sensitive skin, Pril Sensitive is our best option. This skin-friendly detergent is extremely mild and gentle, but still a very powerful  liquid to get your dishes thoroughly clean. There are two varieties to choose from:

  • Pro Nature Sensitive
  • Sensitive Aloe Vera

In addition to being mild on your hands, they , are readily biodegradable and feature bottles made from recycled plastic in order to be less harmful to the environment.

If you’re still worried about having an allergic reaction or harming your acid mantle, consider wearing rubber gloves when washing your dishes. Washing up gloves can also be an excellent option if you’re having dry skin. They will protect your sensitive skin from any further damage while it heals.

Related Articles

  • Is Pril a biodegradable dish liquid?

  • How does dish liquid work?

  • How much dish liquid should I use?